Various levels of EMT training

EMTs or Ambulance Technician are terms used in various countries for providing emergency health services.  An EMTs needs to be more skilled and trained as they are called during emergencies, means they are survival of many life. As I had already explained you what is EMT training in my previous post, Now let’s move to the levels of certification of EMT:

There are four levels of EMTs:

• EMT-B
  • EMT-I/85
  • EMT-I/99
  • EMT-P

EMT-B (Basic)

AS the name of this certification itself suggest it is just an entry level of emergency services. In this EMTs are trained in the use of automatic External Defibrillator (AED), CDR, and Oxygen administration bandaging, emergency childbirth. The time period of this training depends from location to location.

Intermediate EMT

It the level that includes training time between EMT-B and EMT-P. This level is further divided in two parts EMT I/85 and EMT I/95.

EMT I/85 focussed on all procedure carried out during basic training in addition to IV therapy, the use of multi-lumen airway devices and provide for assessment skills.

EMT I/99 includes more practice and has higher scope such as cardiac monitoring, and the administration of additional pharmaceutical interventions, as well as additional training time.

EMT-P(Paramedic)

EMT-P commonly known as paramedic is the highest level of EMT. Most of the EMT-P courses nearly take 18-24 hours to complete. This level involves broad knowledge in pre-hospital emergency care principle. This includes skills in airways management, pharmacology, cardiac monitoring and many more.

For more information:

Please refer to: emt training